Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Embracing

Things begin to move fast in my life. Here is a quick update on what is happening those few days, and my feelings towards things.

UP Singapore 
I have been interested in entrepreneurship for quite while. Catching up with Siyan at SMU E-Corner give me a bunch of re-burst energy.  After months and years exploration, I am clear on where my interests lies. If you ask me to devote my life for it, I will. So why not step out and gain some meaningful experience in prototyping and pitching.
The idea of elderly turism indeed pulled a ring in my heart. Technology after all should be a mean but not the end. It is surprising for us to win the first place, at the same time it made great sense. God shows his grace, not by granted us with triumph, but showed me the tenderness and kindness in everyone will win over everything in the end.


iCommu Youth Community 
The highlight of the year should be my American Trip. http://www.icommu2012.org/

I have never thought it will become true. But it does. The lesson is dream bigger and never be afraid of taking actions. I have to admit that the effort be put in this project was not enough after we finished the trip. I hope after the meeting tonight, we can encourage more youth joined us to actively involve in our research and post-activity community development again. 
We are all gifted and talented, but without one and another, what we can achieve me limited. 

Comfort
Something I read on Chambers yesterday. 
---------------------------------------------------
We say that there ought to be no sorrow, but there is sorrow, and we have to receive ourselves in its fires. If we try and evade sorrow, refuse to lay our account with it, we are foolish. Sorrow is one of the biggest facts in life; it is no use saying sorrow ought not to be. Sin and sorrow and suffering are, and it is not for us to say that God has made a mistake in allowing them. 

Sorrow burns up a great amount of shallowness, but it does not always make a man better. Suffering either gives me my self or it destroys my self. You cannot receive your self in success, you lose your head; you cannot receive your self in monotony, you grouse. The way to find your self is in the fires of sorrow. 
---------------------------------------------------- 
I sent it over to J, because that really remind me of one conversation we had about sorrow. I was trying to delete "regret" and "unhappy" from his vocabulary. However, we are being dishonest when we trying to deny the fact of sorrow does exist. The magic is how we respond to the sorrow and bitterness in life. Are we drived by the un-comfort  to search for solutions or we are stucked and crying over the poured milk or staying in the same old place lying to ourselves that everything will be fine. 
Amazingly, J replied he has a friend just lost her father, the message came in just in time to give her mind a moment of peace. 
I missed the sunshine in California. 


We stayed in a place called Maple Tree Inn in Sunnyvale for a reason.  North America, Los Angeles and Calgary, those names still echo in my dreams again and again. 
Shhhh..... Let's be patient and wait. 

Something Purely Cool 
Blessed, I met different people to talk about my Business Idea. Ciaran mentioned "Smule", a company working on technology and music based on a Stanford Research group.  I had few of their apps on my phone, but today, when I checked their new app Ocarina 2 I have to say it is something purely cool! A nice instrumental sound will come out of your phone when you breath towards the mic. 
Also with a reminder e-mail from Behance, I signed up as a creative account on the platform. I am an apprentice.Technology and creativity, let's make life rock~ 


Embracing, embracing the knowledge, insight and love he provided day by day. You send me a song called "crosstown traffic". The ambiguous and hidden massages. No, I did not slow you down. We constantly see each other might just because we are driving on the same gear.     










No comments:

Post a Comment