Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Testimony for 22 April 2011


Good afternoon everyone. My name is Yolanda, an undergraduate student studying in NUS. Thank you for attending this special event and witness the transformation of two lives.
Before following Christ, my life was nearly ruined by worries and anxiousness. I lived in a huge insecurity. Driven by the fear, I was desperately trying to force event happened in my way, but only end up with frustration and isolation from other people.
The way for me to convert is not easy. I was exposed to God’s word when I was 14, got my first Bible when I was 15 and was brought to know a wonderful group of people before I was 19. However I was so suborned that I turned down HIS calling. I thought God is some backwards concept left by history, and I can be strong enough to rely on scientific discovery and so-called truth. Until last term, I took an introductory model of quantum physics; I began to look at science and the physical world in a brand now perspective. And I begin to realize how limited capability we have as a human being. I saw God reveling himself in every moment of our life. I believe miracles already exist, and He is the only one in power, of almighty.
Today my life as a Christian is becoming more calm, peaceful and full of real joy. I see each and every day as a test of HIM. Problem, troubles, even suffering is no longer that terrifying, because at the end of day, he will provide, he will forgive he still love us as long as we open our heart to him and listen to his word. Grateful I felt, to reunion with the spiritual eternity. Today I offer my life, wait for his calling and pray that he can use me and put me into the place he has already prepared in his bigger plan. “’Blessed are the eyes that see what you see!’ for I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it” (Luke 10: 23-24 )

No comments:

Post a Comment